Biotin is a part of the B-Complex vitamin, it is also known as vitamin H. Biotin is a very important vitamin and it plays a major role in growing healthy cells. It is also important for the synthesis of fatty acids and for the metabolism of amino acids. With all the healthy functions that biotin performs it is no wonder that it is used in shampoos. A shampoo with biotin is one of the healthiest and most nourishing choices you can make for your hair.
Research has shown that Biotin is used to slow down hair loss, thicken hair and make hair shine. A Biotin supplement is a good idea as this will help with hair loss and hair growth in addition to the products you are using to grow your hair. Biotin can be taken safely at recommended doses and barely any side effects have been reported. This is because it is a water soluble vitamin and whatever the body doesn’t need is passed out in the urine.
10 Facts About Organic Biotin Shampoos
- Reduction of hair loss is one of the major factors that make a shampoo with biotin one of the best choices you can buy.
- Mend split ends and eliminate breakage with biotin shampoos
- Curb hair loss in pregnancy as it is completely safe to use during and after pregnancy while one is breastfeeding.
- It helps stop Alopecia Areata. This is a medical condition that causes hair to fall out, biotin shampoos combined with topical zinc has been used to successfully stop hair loss.
- Using a shampoo with biotin has proven to be effective when hair follicles are blocked by flakes. Hair follicles blocked by dead skin will stop the hair from growing as it should. A biotin shampoo will clear these flakes away allowing the hair to grow.
- Organic biotin shampoos are infused with essential oils and plant based ingredients, this gives the user the benefit of using a shampoo that contains oils that nourish the hair follicles, this aids in the absorption of the biotin in your scalp.
- You will see an increase in hair growth when you use a natural shampoo infused with biotin. This is a great way to grow out your hair as hair that is not breaking tends to grow quickly.
- Biotin shampoos, repair your hair quickly if it has been damaged by commercial shampoos.
- Organic shampoos with biotin will stimulate the production of sebum if you have dry hair. Sebum is a natural moisturizer found in the scalp. This will make your hair less prone to breakage because hair that is properly moisturized resists breakage.
- Some of the best sources of biotin are vegetables and fruits, there is a wide variety to choose from, so there is no doubt you will find something to satisfy your taste buds.
>>Click here to read Organic Biotin Shampoo Reviews<<
Let’s take a closer look at number 10 on the list above and discover some of these biotin rich foods:
Vegetable And Fruit Sources Of Biotin
Soybeans are often used as a substitute for meat in vegetarian dishes, this is because they are rich in essential vitamins and minerals. It is by far one of the best sources of biotin you can find. Other rich sources are lettuce and cauliflower, adding onions and cucumbers to your diet is also a good way to get a sufficient amount of biotin.
Some other great sources of biotin include Swiss chard and carrots. Swiss chard is a wonderful inclusion in any salad, it is rich in antioxidants and will help you to maintain a balanced diet. Fruits such as bananas, raspberries and strawberries are also wonderful sources.
Avocado is one of the richest sources of biotin, it helps not just your hair but your skin as well. You can try making green smoothies or juicing your fruits in an extractor if you don’t like eating vegetables. You can also use biotin rich fruits for juicing and smoothies.
For even more sources of biotin try eating nuts such as peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts and walnuts. Eating biotin rich foods serves as a backup for any shampoo with biotin you may use. While topical application is good. It is also a good idea to have enough biotin internally by incorporating it in your diet, as this makes it more liable that your biotin shampoo will work.